....if I ever get a tattoo...it will say "Maranatha"
"O Lord, come!" 1 Corinthians 16:22
Take me away with You...
"For your love is better than wine" Song of Solomon 1:2
So much better than the pleasures of this age...
"And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Revelation 22:17
May my life beckon Your return...
"Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband..." Revelation 21:2
Sanctify, redeem, and prepare us as the holy bride made ready for the Bridegroom Jesus Christ...
O Come Lord Jesus.
"They shall see His face and His name shall be on their foreheads" Revelation 22:4
Marked as Yours...
"God himself will be with them and be their God" Revelation 21:3
Face to face. Holding Your hand in mine.
"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away...Behold, I make all things new..." Revelation 21:4-5
Dreaming of that day.
Overwhelmed by the reality of eternity.
Preoccupied with the visions of Heaven.
Envious of those who are already There.
Anticipating sitting at Your feet.
Anxious to sing in Your ear.
Ready to run into Your arms.
Thursday, November 19
"A man who has lost his sense of wonder is a man dead."
*William of Saint-Thierry
How easy it is to lose the sense of wonder for our Maker...
My mind is hard pressed in this new season, ever looming with the wonderings of the secondary...
...a new city
Selfish. I have discovered this crazy, strong part of me...this sense of entitlement. I have agreed with the lies of Satan as I have adopted this idea of entitlement, of demanding that which I choose to be called mine...
I deserve this.
I said this, therefore...
I've always had this, I should always have it.
I'm gifted in this area, so I should go there.
I worked for this money, I get to decide where it goes.
I went to college, so I should be doing this, getting this.
I come from this family, so..
I did this, so I should have this.
Oh no...Not that I would ever voice these things...or hardly even think them in my own mind...it's very much subconscious...and very subtle...yet evil, dangerous, and consuming. Come oh winds of testing...let the winds blow. Come oh winds of refreshing...let the winds blow over me.
....oh how grateful I am that I serve the God of "more grace"...I need more.
I deserve death. Nothing more.
Forgive me Jesus for my unrelenting attempt of self-preservation.
Let me be free.
Free to be fascinated.
Fascinated with You.
The union of my soul with Yours.
Make ready Your bride...
What are you wondering about?
Wonder about something...about Someone.
Friday, November 6
Wednesday, November 4
I have been a sketchy blogger and a lazy writer the past few months...
I'm going to try to revive this thing in coming weeks...
But for now...a few things I am learning in the world of practicality post-college in no particular order:
1. I have diagnosed myself several times to be experiencing an identity crisis...this leads to sudden and rash decisions such as chopping my hair, booking plane tickets, wearing high top converses with my scrubs, baking a lot, going to bed at 10pm, going to get frozen yogurt by myself...and things of the like.
2. Training for a marathon is somewhat difficult people.
3. Men with little dogs freak me out. They are everywhere around my apartment in Uptown.
4. I have mostly conquered my fear of toll roads.
5. Dallas is fun, but still not as cool as LA.
6. There are weird people everywhere.
7. Waking up at 5:15am gives me some weird sense of accomplishment.
8. Laying down anywhere after work is not a good idea = asleep in moments. Hard to recover from this.
9. Dallas drivers are the worst I've seen.
10. I love the Village Church...a lot.
11. Living in an apartment is much easier than living in a home...who knew?
12. I need a big dog to run with me...but I refuse to have an inside dog...which poses a problem when you live in an apartment.
13. The idea of a pay check is still weird to me...like it's weird that they keep paying me over and over again.
14. I love being categorized with the group "young professionals"...haaaha.
15. It is a strange thing to enter the working world as a 22 yr old, single woman.
16. The thought of a family excites me more than ever before.
17. Speaking of family...I miss mine...some days more than I did when I was in college...strange.
18. Gmail is necessary.
19. I am currently up too late.
20. This is a random post. Get over it.
Real stuff..coming your way soon :)