- The beauty of doing what one is called to do is indescribable.
- I resolve to hold loosely the things which my Jesus has graciously entrusted me with in order to bless others in His name.
- I love to write...a lot. Something about writing really stirs my affections for the Lord. I resolve to write diligently this year and to be better about sharing my writings with others.
- Community is not a commodity, but completely necessary in ministry and in life.
- There is always Hope.
- I have a unique calling upon my life...I will not fight that fact any longer.
- I will adopt - there is no greater picture of the Gospel.
- Where the Spirit of the Lord is made welcome - He dwells, and where He dwells freedom reigns.
- Discipleship - something I need to believe in more. It's powerful.
- I love the grace of my Maker...words do no justice on this one, so I'll leave it at that.
- Living a life surrendered is the best way to experience the faithfulness of the Father. The steps I take in abandoned faith - this is where I encounter the Father the most.
- I will be grateful, on my face grateful, every single day. Period.
- Cultural diversity sharpens one another, while uniformity is dangerously toxic.
- I am selfish.
- How refreshing it is to be surrounded with those who have kindred spirits, who love the Word, and who are running hard after our King...thank you Jesus.
- "Big dreamers do not have time to swim in the pool of subtle offenses". - Matthew Barnett
- The books of Isaiah and Hebrews - this is where I meditated most this summer. Much to be learned here.
- I have been taken, blessed, and broken in order to be given. Forever.
- There is something intrinsic within me that lives to love on the less fortunate, the broken, and the addicted.
"Let my life always be given to You Jesus and to people. Holy Spirit, open the gates of Heaven - let Heaven come unto Earth...Let that be my calling, my journey, my desire - to see Heaven upon this earth. Sometimes I feel like I am so far from experiencing this...yet I love receiving glimpses of Heaven, and I have seen many this summer - I see it in the worshiping lips speaking and singing Your Word, I see Heaven's citizens in the people I am serving alongside, I see the childlike faith in the hands that I hold in the projects, I hear the sounds of Heaven when I commune with You Jesus...yet I cannot fathom the culmination of all of these things in one Dwelling Place...and to live There forever...how I long for that day...but until then - I am believing in Your power, in Your grace - that I might experience Heaven here on this earth. Thank you for the glimpses...I cannot wait for the full encounter".
Pray for me as I adjust back to life in college. Actually, pray I don't adjust too much...that I don't get comfortable...but that my heart will be settled. There are many unknowns in my life right now...I feel the weight of these things in my spirit daily. I know I am called to be here for this season...and I am excited about this upcoming year and the opportunities ahead. I was back in the projects yesterday here...it didn't take me long - I could not wait to see my girls (they are in the picture at the very bottom of this website). I took Tay Tay to get school supplies last night before here first day of school and then of course to Sonic. I love those girls...
On a side note...keep my parents in your prayers as well...they head out to Africa tomorrow as they are moving forward with constructing an orphanage in Malawi. You can follow their journey here : 1millionorphans.com --- what a calling. God is sovereign.