Thursday, August 14

Counting Down...

The time has come, and the countdown has begun as I prepare to leave LA. What a summer it has been. What an experience. What an opportunity. What a blessing.

I have many mixed emotions about leaving here. While I am excited to see my family for approximately 36 hours, and though I cannot wait to hug and catch up with the Texas crew...it is going to be difficult to say goodbye to the people I have come to love here. It's hard to believe I have been at this place for nearly three months.From the people on the streets, to the leadership of this ministry, to the people I am serving alongside - I have been encouraged beyond expression. Community is such a beautiful thing...Grateful for all of these things, yet knowing that this life is created by continual transitioning from season to season, I continue onward ... so here I go - ready to enter into what I pray to be a new season of excellence, wisdom, and revelation. Pray that as one season folds, that the next will open with greatness.

The Lord has spoken much into my life recently. In the midst of this sweetness, my spirit is at the same time overwhelmed by a lot of unknowns right now. My perspective has been altered as I have witnessed the lifestyles of the simple ones. My heart has been awakened more than ever - made alive in love for my Jesus, for His Word, and for His people. As I ponder the future days ahead - senior year, career choice, ministry, grad school, relationships, a city - I find it difficult not to run with a "living for that which is urgent mentality"...Here is another journal excerpt from my wrestling with that which is eternal.

"He has put eternity in the hearts of men (Ecc. 4:11). My heart beats for only that which is eternal – for here I have no continuing city, but I seek only the one to come (Heb. 13:14). What a beautiful paradox it is to have only a hunger for eternity yet at the same time realize absolutely nothing in this broken, temporary place we call earth will satisfy these longings. Fight that which is but a vapor, go to war with the spirit of delusion so that one's heart will remain steadfast in truly yearning for that which will never fade. If my days are as handbreadths and at best I am but a vapor; then I am most assuredly on the brink of eternity (Psalm 39). So Father God, help me to live not for that which is urgent; but rather, direct my footsteps to walk with great urgency for that which is eternal. Ruin me for eternity."

Easy to write, hard to do...just so you know :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On my heart always. Keep your focus on our wonderful Jesus. He who called you will keep you!! I wish you could know how many times I have prayed that aloud for you this summer! Can't wait to see you, even if it is only for 36 hours. We love and miss you.
Mom

Twister said...

Glad to know someone in Texas will be spreading the Love of Jesus.