Monday, September 8

To Be Violent

"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force." Matthew 11:12

A common Scripture...approached from many differing perspectives, but I have been pondering what it means to be be spiritually violent....these are some of the ways the Lord has challenged me to be violent, so that i may lay hold of the Kingdom of Heaven - the Kingdom I long to know and encounter... Violence for me in this season entails...

Growing in Knowledge of the Word
A heart that is alive and kept with the utmost of care
Retreating to the secret place behind a shut door
A lifestyle of Fasting and Intercession
Adequate sleep
Worshiping Lips
Daily surrender of my will
To be bold within my collegiate circles
Welcoming brokenness
Laying aside my calendar
Falling in love with the Bridegroom God
Defending the widow and the orphan
Embracing lonely days
Turning my cell phone off

Giving of my first fruits
Calling out the good in others
More Listening
Finding joy in the mundane
Choosing to take every thought captive
Diligence and excellence in little tasks
Gazing and Listening
Realizing that death in this life means life eternal with my Maker
Weeping for the lost
Asking for more grace, more love, more life, more revelation, more opportunity - I want more!

I have so far to go, so much more to attain in the spiritual realms of violence. So many things are warring for me affections, my attention, my intellect, my thoughts, and my future. Defend me Jesus, lest I become weary. Arm me with your armor. Anoint me with Your power. Fight for me as I struggle against the expectations of this fallen world.

3 comments:

MiMi said...

I stumbled across you from a comment on Lisa Whittle's blog and I cannot believe that you are Katie Tucker from HGBC! I doubt that you remember me, but I definitely remember you and your precious family!

I have 3 kids-Faith, Josh and Grace. Josh and Drew were on HGBC ball teams together for several years. Of course, like you, they are all grown up now!

You were such a beautiful LITTLE girl and how exciting to see what a beautiful young woman that you have become! I have much more to read about you on your blog, but I wanted to say "hello" and please tell your Mom and Dad that Walt and I said "hello". Would love to know how they are doing and where all your family is these days.

My daughters both blog so I will be sure and point them to your blog as well.

Have a great week!
Emilie

Unknown said...

Katie,

Good stuff - my heart is encouraged.

love u,

Drew

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)