Wednesday, May 28

KT meets Cali, Dream Center, and New Faces all in one day

Ladies and gentlemen...I made it. First things first, good thing I didn't bring my vehicle out here. The traffic out here is unreal and the drivers are lunatics. I couldn't have done it. So, good choice number one.

Lets back up...I said my goodbyes this morning to my family and then my dad took me to the airport. After shedding a couple of tears - I was off. As much as I like to go and "bravely" do random things - I have decided it will never be easy to leave home...and for that I am grateful. My flight was interesting, the child to adult ratio was about ohhhhh 7:1. Not sure how that happens, but good thing I like kiddos. I conversed with the sweetest Hispanic woman sitting next to me for a good part of the flight. After telling her what I would be doing this summer, she just kept looking at me saying "Do not be afraid" and "It's going to be ok". Needless to say, 5 minutes into our conversation she had whipped out her napkin and was writing every bit of her contact information down and made me promise I would call if I ever, ever need anything - or if I want to come to her beach house on Newport beach. God is good :) The majority of the flight was spent with my iPOD playing and just talking to my Jesus about everything I was feeling. I thought I would read -- but found it best to just talk to Him and give the next 3 months fully to my Father.

And - yes, my biggest fear laid to rest when someone was there (in fact a whole greeting crew) was at LAX when I arrived. Two of them are on staff at the Dream Center - and we picked up two other girl interns as well. I have already met some very incredible people from all over the US and even abroad - hilarious people, I have laughed a lot. My roommate has not arrived, but I have met a couple of people on my hallway. I am currently in the coffee shop/cafe in the Dream Center (coffee is really fabulous here I have already learned). I am just people watching...I just want to know everyone here. Tomorrow we will go on a tour at some point - I haven't seen very much of this place yet but know one thing -- this place is HUGE and its literally in the middle of downtown. Pretty phenomenal.

Fun things I have already seen - the famous Hollywood sign, the Lakers stadium, the Nokia theater (featuring Kenny Chesney tonight), USC, a lot of palm trees, and the ocean :)
Thats all I have - I'm sleepy - time difference is killing me. Oh yes, and thank you so much for all the phone calls/texts/messages throughout this past week. You have no idea how much of an encouragement you are to this vulnerable spirit :) Goodnight.

1 comment:

Joel said...

glad you made it safely! let us know if there is anything specific that you need prayer for. have fun and be safe (oh and def take advantage of the beach house). i'll be praying for you and your ministry.